Friday, May 20, 2011

In the beginning

One C or 2 refers to the debate in our family regarding whether our last name is spelled Fecchino or Fechino.

My great grandparents spelled their last name with just one C as "Fechino".

On  the other hand, their son,  my grandfather, spelled his last name with two C's  on his passports.

Throughout my grandfather's life the second C in his last name came and went.  But who cares? What really what matters is we are all Fechinos (or Fecchinos if you will) and we love making and eating food.

Cooking and sharing food with those I love is one of the ways I feel I can best express the love I feel for them.

I hope this blog will pay homage to our family members and the food we associate with them.

We like to trace our love of cooking back to my grandfather Giovanni Vincenzo Fecchino (or Fechino). John, as he was known in the United States, was an ice cream maker. It is to him that I dedicate this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment