Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Old Fashioned

It is no secret to those close to me that I love history. 
I particularly love family history. But sometimes I get things confused. 
I thought I recalled my mother telling me that my Aunt Marie enjoyed drinking 
Old Fashions. But my cousin Diana recalls that she preferred to drink Manhattans.

Uncle Mario and Aunt Marie Esposito Bernarducci. 

To be honest, I don't drink much of all. My drink of choice is Diet Coke. If offered a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned, I would choice between this Manhattan: 


or this Old Fashioned:


This afternoon Jim and I are off to my parents to visit with Rick Martone 
( who will always be Ricky to me but I am going to try, try, try to call him Rick) 
and his wife Betsy who are stopping in for lunch on their way to Carolina. 
Rick ( see how well I am doing already!!) just celebrated his birthday. 
Cheers to you Rick!

Ricky, Frankie and Terry Lynn 1949

For those of you who want to decide whether your drink of choice is 
an Old Fashioned or a Manhattan, here are some how to videos.

First off, here is my pal Rachel to show you how to make an Old Fashioned:


And for those of you "Aunt Marie Wannabees" who want to try 
a Manhattan, here's what you need to  know: 


Whatever you choose to drink today, water, a Diet Coke, iced tea 
or something a wee bit stronger, I hope you enjoy it. 
Make it a great day. Now get out there, kick up your heels 
and celebrate with those you love!

Val Fecchino and Aunt Marie






No comments:

Post a Comment